Last week I received a sample box full of goodies to test out from Black Box NZ. One of the items was beetroot. I only eat beetroot two ways- in a hamburger (its a kiwi thing!) or in a brownie. I think its pretty obvious how I use to chose to use it this time around. If you aren’t a fan of beetroot, you might just be after this!
– 250g unsalted butter, cut into cubes
– 250g dark chocolate broken into pieces
– 3 medium eggs
– 250g caster sugar
– A pinch of sea salt
-150g self-raising flour
– 250g beetroot pre prepared and grate or grab some beets, boil until tender then peel and grate
What to do
– Grease a 20 x 25cm baking tin and line the base with baking parchment.
– Preheat the oven to 180* c and melt the butter and chocolate together in a bowl.
– Beat the eggs and sugar together in a large bowl until combined then beat in the melted chocolate and butter until smooth.
– Sift the salt and flour into the chocolate mixture and gently fold in.
– Gently fold in beetroot being careful not to over mix. Pour picture into prepared tin.
– Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Insert a knife into the middle and it should come out with a few crumbs stuck to it… perfection!
– Remove from the tin, let them cool and then cut into squares.
I hope you all have a truly fabulous weekend. We are a few days away from finishing up our business so i’m off to pack boxes. Enjoy !