Four years ago when I moved up here to be with N, I got introduced to Mrs K who works in the office where we run our business from. Over the years, we have become incredibly close to them and they have been ever so kind to pretty much adopt us into their family! Her hubby, Mr M is the most loveliest human on the planet (she is too!) and we all absolutely adore them. So much so, that to Miss I, they are aunty and uncle.
Whenever I bake on the weekend, I always save some to take in so Mrs K can pass it on to Mr M for his supper. We had our usual hour long conversation last Monday and Mrs K was telling me about how Mr M was complaining about the price of banana bread at the supermarket. They came over on yesterday so I thought I would whip him up one as a surprise.
Banana bread is one of my favourite loaves to make. Its a perfect wee morning or afternoon tea pick me up, or for supper with a cup of tea. I LOVE to spread a slice with butter and warm it in the microwave so it melts.. guilty pleasure!
– 3 over ripe bananas
– 1/3 cup melted butter
– 3/4 cup sugar
– 1 beaten egg
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 1 1/2 cups flour
– 1 tsp baking soda
– pinch of salt
What to do
– Preheat oven to 175* c and line a loaf pan
– In a bowl, mash the bananas with a fork until smooth. Stir in the butter.
– Mix in baking soda and salt and stir in the sugar, beaten egg and vanilla extract.
– Fold in the flour.
– Pour into the loaf pan and bake for 45-55 minutes (checking at around 40) or until skewer in the centre comes out clean.
– Remove from the oven and let it cool. Once its done this, pop it out of the pan, slice it up and you’re good to go!